Saturday, March 1, 2008

Weekend Update

Rob and Corey are at the Coyotes' game, but given that it started at 8 p.m., they are without me and Brody. Brody and I instead did a little shopping and a little reading! He then put his adorable self to bed around 7, I'm sure anticipating that Mommy wanted to watch the Jayhawks.

Last week when Rob was in Kansas City, I took Corey and Brody to "Finley Farms Movie Night." I was absolutely dreading it (Scooby Doo & Snow Buddies) but it turned out to be the best thing ever... Corey sat up front with his friends, and Brody and I sat back and watched, chatted with other parents, and gave Corey money occasionally (cheap eats - the popcorn was 50 cents!) Brody was absolutely mesmerized by Snow Buddies... it had all his favorites: SNOW (Nooo!) and DOGs. (Aarf, aarf.)

It's really a tie as to which boy talks more now. Brody may not say as much, but he's extremely expressive. For example, when he doesn't like a song in the car (or when he hears his Daddy singing), he plugs his ears. It turns out the kid has a penchant for the classical music (not sure where it came from, but I discovered it during a violinist interview on NPR - go figure.) So when he plugs his ears, I typically switch to 110 XM, where he can hear classical, and believe it or not, he removes his fingers from his ears and smiles at me.

So don't feel sorry for me missing out on hockey tonight. After all, I did get to see the Jayhawks in a little payback action, and we're all going to the A's game tomorrow. We'll be using half of last year's tickets, when my parents were here and we were rained out at an A's game.

And it's a busy week ahead for us. Tuesday I leave for a meeting in Tucson, returning late Wednesday. Then Thursday, I'm reading to Corey's class. It's Dr. Seuss week, so I'm reading The Sneetches. Rob is disappointed I won't be reading Fox in Sox, I think because he knows it's an impossibility. (Have you tried reading that book? It's one big tongue twister!) Friday, Corey has a video urology exam, or something like that, in Scottsdale. And it's another movie night. Then Saturday, we have more Coyotes' tickets (this time, a 5 p.m. game) and Sunday, Corey is getting to meet the Brewers before a game. Rob's afraid he'll become a Brewers' fan, and Corey evilly replied, of course he loves the Brewers, not the Cubs. He knows how to get to his Daddy!

Corey is growing his hair out, by the way, as if you can't tell from previous posts. He wants to look like Zac Efron. Power to him, I guess... I observed that most of the neighborhood boys have long hair, and with all the hockey he watches, I guess it was inevitable. I actually kind of like it... he has some spunk, that one.

Next week will be busy too. Corey has a field trip and we have MORE Coyotes' tickets, then we leave for a week in Minnesota for Spring Break. And somewhere in there, we have to schedule an MRI and follow-up visit for Corey.

I'm sure Rob will come home with a story or picture from the Coyotes' game... but I'll be asleep! LOL

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Wow. You've been (and will be) quite busy! Can't wait to see you MN!