Monday, March 2, 2009

Flagstaff Fun, and More

At left is the Gilbert Polar Ice "mini-mites" team after their victorious run in Flagstaff on Saturday. Poor Rob had to drive Corey up and back (2 and a half hours each way) in one day, all by himself, on very little sleep.

According to Corey, they won the first game 9-2 and the second 6-1, or vice versa. I'm not the reporter in the family, as you know.

Each player got a trophy, and Coach Ben looks pretty proud of the team.

Corey only has two more weeks of hockey, and we've decided he needs a break (or we need a break!) from hockey over the summer. He's signed up for Little League machine pitch (with dear old Dad as coach), so no worries that his athletic skills will go under-utilized.

They put up dividers in the rink so they could have two games going on at once. Corey is in green, and luckily, they had numbers affixed to their jerseys so he's much easier to spot.

He's number 30, because ... he wanted 3 (he almost scored a hat trick during practice the day they chose numbers) but also 30, because it's 3 and 30 the same number as Bryzgolov, one of his favorite players and the Coyotes' goalied. (He has so many - I don't know half of who he talks about myself.)

Of course, Corey played goalie while up in Flagstaff. You can see him in the goal in this picture. However, he did make it out of the goal quite a bit - enough to score two goals, for which I'll upload the videos separately since they take a while.

Of course, I've got nothing but time right now. I'm recovering from surgery myself. I had surgery Tuesday morning and left the hospital Wednesday afternoon. I've been sleeping a LOT, which means Rob's been up with the kids when they inevitably get up in the middle of the night. Today I'm trying to go sans painkillers, but we'll see how long that lasts. I've been up walking around and I don't sleep all day anymore, which is progress. However, I can now reluctantly see why it's probably not a good idea to go sit at an office all day. But we all know me well enough to know I'm about a week from stir-crazy. Fortunately I've got a good book!

Grammy has been here since before the surgery to help out. She's been great with the boys and in preparing meals, so I'll miss her when she leaves tonight. The whole no-lifting anything over 10 pounds is a real issue for me helping out with the boys, and the inability to bend a lot right now is preventing me from helping out around the house.

On a more somber note, we withdrew Brody from Goddard School, beginning today. Rob is working only part-time now, and it's just too much in this horrible economy to do it all! However, I'm optimistic that something full-time will turn up for Rob soon and we can return Brody to his BFF and favorite teachers.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Wow - sounds like a busy weekend. Carrie, don't feel bad about not helping out. You need to rest and take care of yourself!