Monday, July 7, 2008

Fantastic Fourth

We had a great extended weekend.

First off, Corey and Mommy had a great bonding day on Thursday. I didn't have to work, so Corey and I made chocolate chip cookies (finally perfected the recipe) and we played in the pool when Rob finished up work.

Friday we started the day cleaning out Brody's room. We organized the room better so we don't have to trip over the train bed to get to the crib, or fall into the train bed when we're using the changing table. The best news is that since we rearranged the room, Brody hasn't slept in his crib at all. I predict we'll be able to move out the crib in less than a month, and I'm so excited to sell it on Craigslist so I can buy a bunk bed and move the kids into the same room! (I'm the only one excited about it, but I can live with that.)

In the afternoon, Corey and I went to a friend's house for arts and crafts. She's so creative, and she had the supplies for making a hanging flag all ready to go when we arrived. Corey had more fun once they moved outside to the slip 'n' slide and water balloons, though, no doubt. (He's all boy.)

Corey and I went home to pick up Brody and Rob for a trip to another friends' house. This time, our Canadian friends. But lucky for Rob, they'd picked up some Independence Day "hits" at the store, and were prepared with Rob's favorite tune, "I'm Proud to Be an American." Luckily we got to listen to that a lot! We had a great time with swimming, and eating, and swimming and more eating! And drinking. How could I forget? And when it got a little stormy out, the boys (and there were seven altogether) had no problems moving inside to play Wii.

Saturday we mostly stayed home. I made the best chicken kabobs ever!!! You have to check out that recipe - it was amazing (and reheats well too!) Mmm... grilled pineapple is yummy! So that was our at-home barbecue.

Sunday we went over to yet another friend's house to swim and barbecue. It was an early, pre-nap trip, and we came home at about 1:30 and we all crashed. But Corey had a good time playing with his friend that used to be in his pre-K class at Goddard (she starts Finley Farms next month.) Corey starts school in just four short weeks - unbelievable!

Poor Corey stayed home today with pink eye. We self-medicated (we have a stash from all the pink eye that has gone through this house), but after 24 hours of treatment, he looks good, and should be back to camp tomorrow without issue.

We had a busy weekend, so we'll probably lay a little low this weekend, though we'll go to a party my coworker is hosting for our team. (More Wii and more eating, I suspect.)

No comments: