Tuesday, July 29, 2008

KC Update

Not sure why I am doing the KC update, given that I'm firmly on sandy ground in Arizona, but, there you go.

So first off, I believe that though we have a pool in our own backyard, there is some excitement to swimming in Nana and Papa's pool, namely because of - sorry, Nana and Papa, I think it's because of Ben and Grace. It appears that Corey has very much been enjoying the company of his cousins!

And Rob, who originally packed two long-sleeved shirts, two pairs of pants and a sweatshirt for Corey, is seen lounging in shorts at the right. He reminded me the humidity is horrible, and that it probably feels hotter there than here. And while that's likely true, because he told me and Corey it would be "cold" there, Corey's chalked him up to one more "Daddy was wrong" moment. One of the other moments includes when Rob said he found Corey's truck or helicopter thing in my car, and Corey said it was Ben's. And it turned out, it was Ben's! So Daddies aren't always right. However, I will add that it is MUCH warmer here without Rob, because I've moved that thermostat right back to 82, where I like it much better!

Lovely Grace is likely sporting something from her birthday in this photo. Of course, there are plenty of Ben/Grace photos at the Urban blog (link top right of page.) Though I did notice that Ben and Grace SHARE a primary photo on the right column, and each cat gets their own. Who runs that house, Julie? ;)

This picture is from the "Beach Bum, where they played games. Grace was thrilled with her winnings on her birthday and shared with the boys." This from Papa's email, so not sure if her winnings were presents or they played games at the restaurant. The problem with a secondhand post!

Then it appears they made the requisite trip to the Farmstead, a free petting zoo near Nana and Papa's house. Apparently it was raining most of the time, so credit definitely due to Nana for enduring that for the kids!

The cousins really look like they are having so much fun! It's too bad they don't live closer, they really would so much enjoy each other's company more often.

And, believe it or not, Corey starts school on Wednesday next week! Monday, he has a doctor's appointment (he'll need to give blood, so everyone in Kansas, tell him how you donate blood all the time - easy peasy!) and then Monday night, an open house at school. In fact, this Friday, we'll learn who his teacher is for first grade! Chandler started this week, so I'm at least thankful they don't start that early!

Meanwhile, Bobo and I have been having a good time together. We already knew he liked hummus, but he really loves toasted pita in red pepper hummus. The only problem was that we ran out of pita before we ran out of hummus. So it turns out that Brody and I both like Bugles dipped in red pepper hummus! We are classy folks here in Gilbert!

Work has been very busy - lots going on. So I worked late last night - until about 11. I finally lay down to sleep, and at about midnight, I get a little bed buddy. It' s like Corey taught him everything he knows!

Have a good week!

1 comment:

DJSinclair said...

This is comment I was able to add to Urban's blog. Wonder why I can't get one on Sinclairs? Of course, if you are reading this I did succed. "Howdy Kansas, I'm at the library on internet & accessed your blog via the Sinclair's blog. Looks like everyone is having a great time in KS inspite of the heat, humidity, & rain. I enjoy seeing how all of you are doing especially Ben & Grace. We have a brief video of Baby Ben with his Dad at the beginning of Great Grandma Sinclair's 80th Birthday party video. I think Rob borrowed Rich's camera and was doing a practice tour of their first home in Lawrence when Brandon stopped by with Ben. So I think Ben is 7 years old now. It is good to see the children growing. I was impressed with the VBS's project to help the children in Haiti. Please tell Ben, Grace, & cousin Gavin I think it is cool they are doing that. Ya'll take care. Aunt Debbie" Yeah! I think it's working. Grandma & I have to go to Elkhart for urology appt. this afternoon, so we feel for Corey & his upcoming trip to doctor, hope all goes well & also hpe he gets a wonderful first grade teacher. Love to all.(I like hummus too)