Sunday, December 21, 2008

Busy Week

It seems every week is a busy week in the Sinclair household.

I uploaded pictures today and found a cute one of Corey on a horse, but it's from the Hope Kids' party that was Dec. 7. They had pony rides, a full buffet of turkey and fixings, carnival games and a present for each Hope Kid. It was very nice. Corey wrote them a thank you note and they just might be able to read it. (But it's the thought that counts, right?)

So our kids have grown up so differently than we did. For example, they don't understand why anyone would watch commercials, and they can't understand when they can't instantly see the exact show they're wanting to watch. And also, they demand to have their picture taken pretty frequently.

One such demand was in the bathtub recently. They posed like little models. I believe Brody is trying to rest his head on his hand like Corey is, but who knows.

Brody also recently demanded his picture be taken at the rink during Corey's practice (I mean, why should Corey get all the videos and pictures, right?) Lately I've been walking to the rink with Brody, and he doesn't understand that Mommy's camera doesn't take pictures!

On Tuesday last week, a coworker invited Corey to skate with her son, Richie. Richie is a PF Chang's hockey player (a competitive team), and he was just drafted by the USHL, meaning that he'll play for the Sioux Falls team for a year or so before college. It was really nice of them to invite him, and I think it was Richie's idea, not his mother's, which is even cuter.

Richie tought Corey some "moves," according to Corey. So I sat on the sideline and talked with Perri, while Corey skated for over an hour. Then he and Richie were the last ones off the ice to go get pizza, and Corey ate pizza (though he'd had dinner less than two hours earlier!) and was back on the ice in a flash. Where he proceeded to skate for another hour!!! I've never seen him so excited to skate. He looked a little ticked off when I dragged him off the ice at 8:20. (Past his bedtime!) He talked and talked in the car, and I finally had to do the "silent game" to get him to stop talking so he'd fall asleep. Corey had a great time with the older kids, who also gave him a practice stick they'd all signed! (His third stick, he informed me.) Also, one of their coaches works for the NHL and happened to have a game puck from the Coyotes-Red Wings game we'd been to, and gave it to Corey.

Corey has had such a great week at school (behavior-wise, he's always good at schoolwork!) that he's been able to play more Wii, and he's been playing Aunt Kristin and soon-to-be Uncle John. (That's a good story too: Kristin called Corey during the Coyotes' game last Saturday and asked if John could be his uncle, and Corey said "sure" and they got disconnected. It was minutes later when Rob pieced together the story and could call them back and congratulate them on their engagement, and I didn't get the story until later in the evening because Corey "forgot" to tell me.) No, they haven't made any trips to Phoenix. We've been playing on the Nintendo "network."

Friday night we had a babysitter so we could finish up some shopping (yes, we're DONE!) and had a nice night out. Then last night, Corey and Rob went to the Coyotes' game and Brody and I went shopping. (He loves shopping with mommy!) Actually, we had a quick dinner at the mall, and walked around until the "snowfall" at 7 p.m. It's probably bubbles, but it's enough to get a lot of Phoenix folks excited! Brody liked it until it fell on him, and he said "snow hurt Bobo," but I can't see how.

That's your update! We have a new blog to link to - Melinda and Gary are expecting their son/daughter any minute, and I put the blog links in a new format so you can see when they are updated!

I am expecting a lazy day today before my final day of work this year, and then I'm off until Jan. 5th!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I think Corey has skated more this week than I have in my entire life! (In case you were wondering, still no baby.....)