Monday, September 29, 2008

Kansas Trip

I did have an excellent birthday - thanks to everyone for their well wishes! I've got a few Kansas pictures to share, courtesy of my father. (Dad, note there are a few I'm NOT sharing - you should just delete those!) :)

One of our activities while we were in Kansas was going to Ben's soccer game. We missed Grace's soccer game, but as you can see we were all dressed prepared for the KU football game later that day. In the picture are Nana, Bobo, me and Julie. And if you look carefully, you'll see the back of Grace's very blonde head!




Note Ben was taking his turn at goalie, and he doesn't look thrilled about it. Of course, when I asked Corey if I should sign him up for soccer this fall, he turned his face and said no way, he didn't like soccer. He's clearly on a hockey mission!







One of my favorite things to do in Kansas City is eat! I took care of the BBQ need right away with a trip to Jack Stack. The next night we went to Garozzo's - my favorite Italian restaurant - a pre-birthday celebration. Here is adorable Bobo smiling - such a good eater. A rare moment of stillness for him, by the way.

One of my other favorite activities is shopping. Of course, it's always better with someone else, and even better still if they're buying! Thanks, Mom, for the great clothes for my birthday! Pictured at left, Mom couldn't resist the cute denim jacket, though it will have to be 32 degrees outside before she'll wear hers. (Yes, it's short-sleeved.) My office is so cold I've already been wearing mine!




Dad commented, when he sent the pictures, that Brody always looked like the cat that swallowed the canary. I think this picture personifies that - he's always got a private joke he's giggling about!

And while I have shopping and Brody shares my love for eating, Brody really enjoys a bath. And it was evident that Brody enjoyed his solo baths (no Corey) as well as the size and activities in Nana's bath. In fact, the turtle in his hand in this picture went to bed with him that night.











Hope I didn't miss anything! Thanks for a great birthday!

1 comment:

Pat Sinclair said...

Wow! Being gone for a week made us miss a lot. The photos are wonderful and show how fast the boys are growing. Corey's skating is impressive. Happy Belated Birthday to Carrie. Love, Grammy