Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday

First, the Corey behavior update: Corey managed a week with just one yellow day (for talking, -- not for hitting, spitting or otherwise being a hooligan.) And you know me, I can respect talking (though he did get FOUR warnings, I'm told). So Corey and Rob celebrated the improvement with an afternoon at the movies. They saw the Clone Wars. I'm sure it was riveting, and I'll get some convoluted plot summary from Corey, but likely not until he's delaying bedtime.

Above is a photo from movie night last weekend (we all were cuddling with our friends). Corey and Rob also went to their first ASU football game last week (Corey said his favorite part was the pregame show, left).


I spent most of the week in bed, actually, because I came down with the flu or a horrible cold or whatever. NyQuil and Sudafed later, I'm doing much better. Poor Brody has the same thing, but he of course powers through it better than I do!

Brody is taking on full sentences with a vengeance. I asked him if he was stinky the other day (as I took him into school), and he said, "Daddy changed diaper already!" very clearly. As it turns out, Daddy HAD changed his diaper already, but that had been at least an hour earlier, and it needed changing once again! He has kept up his potty success at home, though he requires a diaper between tries. He's definitely further along than Corey was at a year older, so I'm not complaining.

Tomorrow Corey and I are going to spend the afternoon ice skating. We went to sign him up for Mini-Mites at the new ice rink, and they said he needed more lessons before they'd allow him to be on a team. The instructor will evaluate him during lessons, but except for his actual skating ability, I think they'll find he knows more about hockey, puck handling, etc. than most 5 year olds. (Thus tomorrow is the first of two skating practice sessions so he can prove he belongs on the team.) What we'd really like to know is how they field an entire team of 4-to-6 year olds that have all gone through at least four classes at the rink. Not only must they start much earlier than four, but they must be going to lessons every week all year! I suspect the world of hockey parenting may actually be a cult.

Thanks to both sets of grandparents who bought Entertainment Books for Corey's school this week. If anyone is interested in frozen cookie dough, you just let us know. It's fund-raising time at Finley Farms!

There is your weekend update, friends and family. I hope we'll have pictures and/or stories after our ice skating adventure tomorrow, but other things to look forward to this month: I'm taking a trip to Kansas with Brody later this month (work and fun), Corey has been invited to a birthday party the same weekend, there's at least one baseball game on the schedule and hockey lessons start up. Let the good times roll!

No comments: